Who is a good candidate for regenerative cell therapy?
Joint surgery alternative, joint replacement alternative
Stem cell therapy with Adipose-Derived Stromal Vascular Fraction (AD-SVF), when combined with Platelet Rich Plasma, offers the best alternative to joint surgery or joint replacement. Most of our patients were facing joint surgery or replacement due to common tendon ligament and bone injuries, osteoarthritis, cartilage loss, and other degenerative conditions. The majority of these patients have experienced complete or almost complete relief of their pain and dysfunction, and have returned to normal or almost normal activities after their regenerative injections.
Our patients frequently come to us with meniscus tears, MCL injuries, ACL injuries, rotator cuff tears, and painful osteoarthritis of the knee, hip or spine. Most of them have been told that they will require surgery to repair these areas, or have been told that surgery is just a matter of time, and to simply wait until the pain becomes so severe that they are willing to have knee or hip replacement. They know that these surgical procedures carry significant risks, and all would require many months of time-consuming and painful rehabilitation.
A stitch in time saves nine
By contrast, regenerative cell injection therapy carries far less risk, and requires almost no rehabilitative care, and when performed early in the degenerative disease process, can significantly reverse the pain and dysfunction of osteoarthritis. Patients typically walk in for the procedure, and walk out after the procedure. They will moderate their activities for several days or weeks after their procedures, and most resume activities and exercise within the first 2 weeks. A recent comparison trial found that regenerative injection cell therapies compared favorably in effectiveness and patient outcome to hip replacement and knee replacement surgery, but with far fewer side effects and almost no painful and time-consuming rehabilitation. (http://www.regenexx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Regenexx-SD-Infographic-Knee-and-Hip-Replacement-Functional-Score-Comparisons.pdf)
Other conditions treated
- If you are experiencing pain in the knees, hips, ankles, shoulders, hands, or wrists;
- If you have limited range of motion, stiffness, tenderness and swelling in your joints;
- If you have the symptoms of spine pain, sciatica, or herniated lumbar discs;
- If you have osteoarthritis of the knees, hips, or ankle or other degenerative joint disease, or your joints are weak and unstable or may give out;
- If you been diagnosed with a partial tear in the rotator cuff, labrum, a meniscus tear, or tears of the ACL, or MCL;
- If you suffer from temporomandibular joint dysfunction, or migraine headaches associated with neck pain and spasm;
Then you may be a good candidate for one of our cell-based regenerative injection therapies.